The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - New Front Clip for the Viggen
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #1
tplsswd01
SAABeginner

New Front Clip for the Viggen

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is a "problem" but wasn't thinking this made sense as an "upgrade". Last April (2016) I rear-ended someone and totaled out my 2001 Viggen. Good news, one less Saturn Vue on the road, so I feel I took one for the team here!
Now, "totaled" is per insurance, and they let me buy the car back, clean title, and now its in my garage. I got the crazy idea that I could replace the front clip with a donor 9-3 along with any accessories that were pulverized, and have a Viggen once again! I found a donor with a bad clutch for under $1000, same color so no paint work needed besides blends! I know it makes more sense to put the Viggen engine/ trans into the donor, but I really want my Viggen back.
I'll try to post a couple pics of the wrecked Viggen as well as the donor, I know this isn't much of a story without the pics.

Please know I completely understand how silly this sounds, and impractical, but I understand if you want to poke at me a bit anyway about how dumb this may be. Anyway, does anyone have any experience doing something like this? I travel a ton for work, so unfortunately it won't be DIY, but I have a local shop that knows Saabs and seems up to the challenge. Just wondering what this process will look like.
Thanks for your reply!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Resized_20170506_120532.jpeg (303.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Viggen Smash.jpg (240.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Engine Bay.jpg (147.3 KB, 17 views)
tplsswd01 is offline   Reply With Quote