The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Brought home an NG900 and it's not impressive.
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 04:33 AM   #1
tuner4life
Elder

Brought home an NG900 and it's not impressive.

Disclaimer: I have no intention of keeping this thing. As soon as it's roadworthy it'll be up for sale. I posted this... um... we'll call it a revival thread so I can ask dumb questions and boost my ego with shallow praise as I fix things.

The car in question is this 1997 900s. 4 cylinders, 4 doors, 130k miles, automatic transmission, no turbo. Specs out to be a real hot rod. I was told about this car by my father-in-law who works with the owner. After talking with the owner, seems it was driven for a few years by himself, then abused for another year by his son, or son-in-law. I don't remember. What I do remember is that according to him, there wasn't much maintenance ever done to the car because it never needed much. However, it definitely needs a battery, maybe a battery cable, it's hard to start in the cold, probably some sensor that he wasn't sure about. Apparently runs great once you get it going though... Oh, and the rear shocks are punched through the mounts. Also, since the shock incident, it had been parked in his back yard since fall of 2016 under a tree. All that and more for a price that I couldn't possibly lose money on even if I sent it directly to the crusher.

Rad.

My first look at the car:

Also to note the tinted taillights and turbo spoiler. Someone obviously cared a little bit at one point.

We winched it out of the yard and onto the trailer after not being able to start it with a new battery. And during that time I realized that the brakes were nearly seized as it took 3 people to push while the winch pulled it up on the trailer, but on the bright side, there is a matching 4th wheel on the backseat.

Brought it back to my house and plopped it in the driveway next to other broken cars belonging to myself and others while rethinking my latest life decisions. Then I went to bed.

I woke up this morning and snapped a picture on the way out the door while leaving for work.. She definitely didn't get any cuter overnight.

More later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

1986 Saab 900 Turbo & 1992 Saab 9000 Turbo
tuner4life is offline   Reply With Quote