The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - My LOW mileage 2009 9-3 SC welcome home
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
Jameson
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
My LOW mileage 2009 9-3 SC welcome home

Got home after putting 1000 miles on from Friday night to my doorstep this afternoon.

Love it.

EVERYTHING works. Every single button, bulb, feature. Never knew how good the cornering HID headlights were. No peeling buttons, COLD AC. One of the two keys, all buttons were worn smooth lol.

Only issue seems to be trans related. Under PART throttle at highway speeds, the trans bucks quite a bit. WOT from a dig during the test drive, no trans issues, or light throttle or MANUALLY shifting, all gears engage. But if you tip into it while in 3rd-5th by about 20%+ pedal pressure, yeah it bucks like a bronco. First time I thought it was a missfire, but it became clear it was the trans. I think its a fluid pressure issue, a solenoid or the fluid pump. No big deal. Even if I put a used transmission in for a grand I am still coming out way ahead. It makes sense the car being traded in. Miles aside, a smart Saab owner, original owner, doesn't trade in a car this clean with working AC and take $1000-1500 unless he caught the trans acting up and got SPOOKED by a dealer quote of a NEW trans.

This thing drives so smooth at 80 the whole suspension has to be recent. In person when playing the miles guessing game people started at 20-40k. It's that nice. So for something as nice as this turned out to be I have no qualms with this one repair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote