The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Are these repairable?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #6
Trionic3000
Drew In Houston
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssaab View Post
Definitely repairable. At the Rim Repair shop I go to I have seen some of those 22in with what looked like a V bent into the side that have been repaired

Take them around to a few places
I really hope you're not referring to the clowns at SportsCarTire in Wilmington DE.

Tires, Custom Wheels, Wheel Refinishing, Bent Wheels, Flat Repair, Nitrogen, Balance & Rotation at Sports Car Tire Inc. Wilmington, DE (302) 571-8473

I took a PTO day and made the drive to take a set of straight RK-2's to them for cosmetic refinishing on your recommendation, and the doofus came out, pointed to cracks in the clear coat, and told me that they needed new barrels because of all the stress cracks in the aluminum all over the place... he even called his co-worker over and told him right in front of me that all the "stress cracks" in these rims were really bad, so they both agreed

...and that just by luck, their associated company had a few they were trying to sell lol. Maybe he thought I looked like an easy mark or something?

They're complete dishonest jokers in my experience, especially if you have RK-2's that need repair because they're trying to upsell barrels--stay far far away from Tires, Custom Wheels, Wheel Refinishing, Bent Wheels, Flat Repair, Nitrogen, Balance & Rotation at Sports Car Tire Inc. Wilmington, DE (302) 571-8473 They're completely dishonest.

Last edited by Trionic3000; 01-08-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Trionic3000 is offline   Reply With Quote