The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Bought a GTI
Thread: Bought a GTI
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #3
Turbo00
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Good power band, super long gearing. Second will do around 68mph. I've seen 37-38mpg cruising around 75. Much bigger than the older generations, usable hatch and I can fit in the back seat without any issues. Hate to say it, but it feels pretty Saab-y, just with a better chassis. Great seats/fit & finish. Got a pretty good deal (they gave me almost $6k for the 9-3 wagon w/105k, a check engine light, a cracked bumper/carfax accident, and a funky 2-3 shift) and took about $2500 off the sticker.

Complaints? Inst. cluster MMI display sometimes (20% of the time) fails to initialize with the radio. Have to reset radio (hold power for 10 seconds) - haven't brought it in yet. Stock tires are crap, rips them loose all over the place. Undefeatable TCS (goes 'mostly' off). Fake sound maker in the cowl (can unplug, haven't bothered until it gets a catback).

As a daily driver, it's really well suited for my needs. Really wanted to justify an ND Miata but just a wee bit impractical - this is 75% as fun and way more useful. Should keep me entertained for a few years, as long as the VW bro culture doesn't get to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo00 is offline   Reply With Quote